A CMS (Content Management System) is really a website maintenance and document management system – The delivery, addition, modification or deletion of new or updated content can be achieved simultaneously from different points. And the management of content should be flexible and easy.
Some of the fundamental features of a standard CMS are:
- Completely database driven site engine
- News, products, or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing Authors
- Fully customisable layouts including left, center, and right Menu boxes
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Import of multi-formatted documents – text, graphics, videos, music..
- Allocate different privilege or roles to different users of the website – admin, author,
- Presence of an alert or notification system where managers or admin are informed of any changes to the existing content
- Version control is also one of the basic features of a standard CMS. It gives the site administrator a complete control over the management of document versions
- A standard CMS is supported by a centralized archive where all the published documents are stored. This facilitates a rapid search facility for documents within the site
- Robust editing system which gives the content creator a complete control over the formatting of the documents
- Change order of objects including news, FAQs, Articles etc.
- Random Newsflash generator
- Remote Author submission Module for News, Articles, FAQs, and Links
- Object hierarchy - as many Sections, departments, divisions, and pages as you want
- Image library - store all your PNGs, PDFs, DOCs, XLSs, GIFs, and JPEGs online for easy use
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let the CMS ! fix the link
- E-mail a friend and Print format available for every story and Article
- In-line Text editor similar to any basic word processor software
- User editable look and feel
- Polls/Surveys - Offering better visitor interacting
- Layout preview. See how it looks before going live
- Banner Manager. Make money out of your site
Why do you need a CMS?
- Any business owner who knows the importance of content will acknowledge that a CMS is an indispensable tool for the website..
- If you change the content of your site is changed very frequently, then you are in urgent need of a CMS
- Do you make changes to your website when the world is sleeping or when you have just a couple of minutes to make the changes
- You have a content based site which has more than 1000 pages and the content is being changed every minute by team members from around the world – How do you manage the consistency and confidentiality?
- The maintenance cost of large & medium sites is a big constraint on the budget. A CMS not only reduces the maintenance cost but it also manages the content more effectively.
- And the most important factor from a business perspective – Do you have a global team with the authority to change the site content. A CMS is indispensable for a global content delivery and management
What we Offer..
- Centralized Editing Tools at your finger tips
- State of the art content editing tools with WYSIWYG editing.
- Content creators can work as if they are working on normal word documents
- Multi-Point Editing
- Concurrent editing and modification of content by different users
- Robust Media management
- Management of media files becomes a routineimages, files, PDF Documents, Video and Audio.
- Document version management
- CMS solution has integrated version control system
- Document archiving facility
- Integrated Role assignment
- Roles and privileges can be easily assigned so that the content publishing and management is achieved seamlessly